Since October 1942, Greater New Antioch Missionary Baptist Church has served God and has been a beacon to the City of Birmingham. Under the spiritual leadership of Rev. J. H. Jones, our First Pastor; he led the church spiritually in several locations. Our first services were held at a location beyond 16th Street North in Birmingham, AL. Later, the church relocated to the corner of 22nd Avenue and 4th Street West in the basement of a building owned by Mr. Henry Parchman until the mid-1950. At that time G.N.A.B.C. began to worship at the home of Deacon Mark Freeman and later purchased property and erected a church at 320 22nd Avenue West off of Finley Avenue. The week of November 15, 1959 the church was dedicated and became the Greater New Antioch Missionary Baptist Church. Before this time, it was New Antioch Baptist Church.

In 1962 Rev. A. Mitchell was called to G.N.A.B.C. and led the congregation until 1970. In that same year after much prayer the Lord led Rev. William C. Glass to G.N.A.B.C. in addition, we witnessed much growth. Due to this growth, the church was remodeled and our ministries increased. After serving for fourteen years, Rev. William C. Glass organized another church.

On September 16, 1984, G.N.A.B.C. Associate Minister Edward O. Jackson, Sr. was installed as our Fourth Pastor. Under Pastor Jackson’s leadership our ministries has flourished and our congregation has been blessed spiritually. Due to the tremendous growth, in November 1988 our church congregation moved to our present location 2900 Avenue G, Ensley Birmingham, AL 35218 to accommodate our needs and to serve God to the fullest. To the tremendous growth of our congregation we began to purchase property that was adjacent to our current location so that a new sanctuary could be built. In August 2005 ground was broken on our new sanctuary and in September of 2006 we began worshipping in our new sanctuary.

As Greater New Antioch Missionary Baptist Church serves God and the community, we welcome and appreciate your prayers toward this effort.